Hornell, New York, Public Library
2011 SUMMER READING PROGRAM
Call: (607) 324-1210 for more information
JOIN THE SUMMER READING PROGRAM AT
THE HORNELL PUBLIC LIBRARY
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
June 27 - July 1
(Sign up any time)
1. Decide how many hours you want to read each week during the summer, multiply by 6 weeks; get the total number of hours you promise to read this summer. For example, 1 hour per week times 6 weeks = 6 total hours. Six hours is the minimum we ask you to read or be read to.
2. Register at the Library to join the Summer Reading Program. Come in anytime! The programs start the week of July 5th but you can come in and start reading.
3. Stick to your reading goal and receive prizes along the way! Our local McDonaldís restaurant will sponsor hamburger certificates for all readers who complete your reading. They are part of the certificate which honors your participation in the SUMMER READING PROGRAM.
4. Minnehanís in Lakeville is also giving incentives for reading. Minnehanís is a small amusement park just off exit 8 on 390 north. Each child can earn up to four certificates for activities like go-kart racing at Minnehanís.
5. Prizes for some contests include bowling passes from Maple City Bowls, Darien Lake, Sea Breeze, Glenn Curtis tickets and Genesee Country Museum passes.
6. If you keep your promise and read for the full amount of time you said you would, you will be invited to a very special Summer Reading program Party!