From the Dansville Area Historical Society's Clyde Hulbert Glass Plate Collection, courtesy of Jane Schryver. Unless otherwise indicated, all photos were taken in either 1911 or 1912 as indicated on the storage boxes marked by the photographer
Bell Telephone Co. - Main Street!
Hornellsville Telephone Co. - Main Street
McConnell Mill on Genesee Street (later became the Hornell Woodworking Co.)
Schwartzenbach home on Maple St.
Spencer Methodist Church Canisteo St.
YMCA - Center Street
Center Street (facing North) - photo taken from corner of Elm & Center Streets
Citizen's National Bank - 101 Main St.
Elks Club - Broadway
Erie Hose Company No. 1 - 109 River Street Originally, a brewery owned by Horace Leach (for which Leach Ave is named), then the Erie Hose Co. and eventually turned into a "bunk house" for transitory Erie employees. It was eventually purchased by local plumber Charlie Roselli and used as his shop and home until burning down in (we believe) the 1970's. Mr. Roselli eventually built a single story home on the site and lived out his days there.
Erie Yards - Unknown Year
Hollands Seed & Lumber Co. - N. Main Street
Federation Building on Broadway
Home for both the Kayser Glove Co. and the K of C before burning down in the early 70's. Located at River and Delaware Ave.
International Order of Odd Fellows - Broadway
J.M. Deutsch Lumber at Main and Pardee streets
Original home for the Kayser Glove Co. - Hart & East Ave.
Unknown House - Possible Hornell House